WooCommerce and Magento are the most well-liked e-commerce solutions in the online world. When assembled, they jointly run 2.5M plus online stores! These platforms make it very easy for people to run their business even if they’ve have got no previous experience in website-building.It is challenging to compare these e-commerce platforms as both of these are favorite when concerning “features.”
This article is an overview of the similarities and differences of of Woocommerce vs. Magneto including Key features, security, performance, pricing, user-friendliness, product management, etc.
Let’s get into it!
Magento is an e-commerce platform customized for web development experts and massive online stores. High aspirations and robust features make magneto reliable and suitable for high-end provisions.
On the other hand, Woocommerce is the powerful plugin of WordPress. This powerful plug-in has got all the characteristics of an e-commerce solution, even when retaining the user-friendliness of its parent platform.
Let us have a closer look at the features of both
Magento is the best suitable online platform even for beginners as it provides community versions and premium services. This platform has the facility to add infinite products and has Innate interface for admin and product design tools. It is Comprised with well-organized APIs that can unite with any third-party. It also has attractive theme-based systems and options apart from advanced security features which resolves any kind of issues that pop-up. The rich functionalities of Magento are plentiful making it suitable for large companies and start-ups alike.
- Catalog Management: In a single import, Magento permits to upload diverse product control which saves time for business with multiple products. The Dynamic management specification of Magento also assist different product categories, wish lists, comparisons, search results, related products and many more.
Flexible Pricing Options: Depending upon the business needs and client category, pricing can be hide or adjusted. Magento cart allows different cost paradigms in one time.
- Product Alerts: Magento allows to send alerts or notifications to customers when a new product is back to the store or is introduced. This feature helps to plan marketing systematically.
- Multi-store Enabled: Magento supports multi-language website with an outstanding store view and also allows to set up different stores for each industry or product line. This feature of Magento helps stores to grab global attention and also help stores to meet the requirement of international clients.
- Custom User Interface: Magento stores have the option for altering designs and modifying themes depending on product categories, that permits multiple ‘storefronts’ established on a single back-end system. The customer friendly user-interface allows stores to provide better user experience and it also increase conversion rates.
- Order Processing Integration: The wide-range of integration partnerships of Magento gives a huge variety of order fulfillment options which connect directly to your Magento store and interact instantly with the store partners to update shipping method,order status, and tracking information.
Incorporate with Braintree, etc
- Since Magento need specific development skills, it more usable for developers than regular users
- For small owners Magento seem to be costly due to its operational cost and resource-hunger.
Magento is not very user-friendly, but if you are well versed in web development, then it is advantageous. The Community Edition of Magento is free depending upon the hosting provider. If looking for Enterprise edition it is bit expensive.
The performance mostly depends on the hosting provider.
Magento offers dedicated security patches to its users but it is not that simple to apply, but if you are well versed in web development, Magento is very advanced and reliable when security is concerned
One of the main security feature of Magento is “Captcha” which helps to minimize automated attacks. Placing captcha at the right place is very essential for security because chances are there that it may act as barrier to genuine customers. Captcha should be enabled on the admin and customer forms as well. It can be enabled on the login and forgotten password, checkout as guest and register during checkout. The Secure Payment Bridge included in Magneto provides PCI Data Security Standard (PCI PA-DSS) and the login promopts help to reduce password hacking. Another important security feature of Magento is Directory Index where people can access only one folder but can’t see the files inside these folders.
Planning to build a Magento store for your online business? Contact our Certified Magento Experts.
WooCommerce, can be set up with the assistance of a web host. WordPress users widely use it because it is free and also supports infinite products. Depending on the WordPress plugin format WooCommerce comes with a robust extension system too. This inbuilt extension of this platform also promotes different WordPress themes, be it Premium or Free. This infinite customization facility and user-friendliness of Woocommerce seem to be very attractive for its users. Apart from all these this platform facilitates the preferred payment processor through extensions and has enough security to safeguard the store.
- Apart from web hosting expenses, store set up is free.
- If you have basic knowledge of WordPress, then it is easy to handle.
- A wide range of documentation facility available. Client support team will be ready to assist you.
- Can use as an extension to incorporate with Google analytics.
- Supports SSL but certificate has to be obtained by oneself.
- Need to study about two platforms if not aware of WordPress.
- Quality themes and extension expenses can add rapidly.
Newbies can depend on WooCommerce and can learn about it using online tutorials. Since this is a complete open source platform which can be downloaded and set up on any server as per requirement, the premium extensions are expensive and charge an annual subscription rate. Apart from this, the cost will solely depend on the size of your project and the packages you choose.
WooCommerce has several highly developed and user-friendly security measures.
WooCommerce security can be ensured through Password Security and WordPress two-factor authentication. A better password strategy is the key step to implement WooCommerce security. Updated plugin and themes are very essential to safeguard a site. An additional level of WooCommerce security is “secure socket layer,”( SSL ) certificate which creates an encrypted link between server and user’s browser. SSL is highly recommended and should be included in the entire site.
Product management WooCommerce & Magneto
Regarding physical and digital products, WooCommerce offers a practical approach to product management. Putting up new products is outstandingly straightforward, particularly if you’re proficient in using WordPress. Besides, you can expand the functionality using extensions…But, if you are looking for advanced features, then you should go for Magento as it provides several characteristics that WooCommerce fall short for.
Planning to build a Woocommerce store for your online business? Contact our Certified WooExperts.
Comparing WooCommerce vs. Magento is not an easy job as no single platform fits endless requirements flawlessly. If you are looking for the basic options, then WooCommerce can be your choice, but if you are looking for an advanced opportunity then, Magento is going to be a better choice.