WooCommerce sellers generally use the YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards Premium to promote gift card sales through their websites. A recent critical flaw has allowed hackers to upload files, including web shells, to sites installed with the plugin, giving them complete control over the website. The plugin has over 50,000 installs worldwide, making the unauthorized attack prevalent. Experts have termed the flaw CVE-2022-45359 (CVSS v3: 9.8), affecting the plugin versions until 3.19.0. Versions 3.20.0 and 3.21.0 have security updates, and experts advise WooCommerce merchants to update these safer versions. WordPress security experts at Wordfence explain that the hackers are targeting sites running on older, outdated versions through upload backdoors on the sites, and remote code execution, to take over the platforms.
- 12 Actionable Tips to Improve Delivery for Your eCommerce Store
- Best eCommerce Website Designs: Examples and Best Practices
- Flexible Payment Solutions: How to Offer Diverse Payment Options for Your B2B eCommerce Store
- Streamlining the Checkout Process: Best Practices for Simplifying B2B eCommerce Transactions
- WooCommerce Dropshipping: Major Features, Set Up Guide, Top Plugins, and Popular Suppliers
- eCommerce Trends in 2020
- Voice Search: The Future of eCommerce
- Why Manufacturers and B2B Brands Must Shift to eCommerce?
- Why Omnichannel E-commerce Marketing?
- How eCommerce is Reacting to Coronavirus / COVID-19?
Unoptimized websites will lose 70% traffic. Don't let this update KILL your eCommerce business!Talk to Experts
Recent Case Studies
August 11, 2023
Combining Content and Commerce Capabilities of Magento and WordPress for an Energy Service Provider
Everyone in the eCommerce circle has heard the slogan "content is king" at least once. Of course, even a king has his limitations without his army. In ...Read More
July 13, 2023
Query Time Optimization With Custom Coding for a Boat Kit Company on WooCommerce
Virtina helps eCommerce store owners get the most out of their online business. It is what we do best. So, it is no wonder we were the first choice fo ...Read More
June 30, 2023
Custom Amazon Buy With Prime Integration for a Footwear Store on Volusion
Volusion is one of the most robust eCommerce platforms for running an online business. It can support just about any eCommerce capability you want. Ho ...Read More
June 06, 2023
Customization of WooCommerce Plugin and Marketplace Release for a Non-profit Fintech Solution Provider
Creating a custom plugin for WooCommerce stores is often more complex than you think. Many organizations need to understand the complexities of the pr ...Read More