We know, it is crucial for agencies like yours to provide a great first impression for your future prospects so that you land that long term marketing contract with your eCommerce clients. And yet how many eCommerce development projects have you worked on that did not end up on a good note? Or did they end up costing you way more than you budgeted? Do you often convince yourself saying that, “we will recoup the losses in development from the marketing services revenue”.
It is imperative for digital agencies like yours to create trust in your clients by giving a smooth development experience with a happy delivery so that you can get to what you do best and most rewarding: Marketing. But often, the development phase ends up being the most painful experience with lots of headaches, heartburns and leaving holes in your wallet. And you are forced to go through that experience for the “carrot” at the end: a long term contract for marketing services.
If this is too familiar to you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. According to industry statistics, 97% of eCommerce projects fail to meet their objectives. Even if we subtract the percentages of “eCommercepreneneuers” looking to hit success overnight like a moth to a flame in B2C, even the B2B eCommerce projects failure rate is high as 95%. We, along with our agency partners, have learned from experience that there are many reasons for failure, some of which are highlighted below.
Just Another Website Mentality
Wrong Platform/ Platform Bias
Lack of Poor Planning
Lead in with Platform instead of business needs
Lack of Right Skills
An eCommerce build with any significant sales volume is not a “just another website” project. In fact, in order to succeed, the development phase should start with a careful analysis of the current businesses, its pain points, and growth potentials. Picking the right platform is an important step that should not be taken lightly. Too often, the decision to use a particular platform is made solely on the service provider's familiarity or skill set. The platform they pick may be convenient, but it might not be the ideal platform for the client’s business needs. Once the platform is selected, it is easy for developers to get myopic. Those who see the long term know that successful projects are built and planned with a user-centric, software engineering mindset. This requires keeping a lean delivery process, predictable cost and time estimates, and being modular or flexible to your client’s ever-changing needs.
Sound difficult? It shouldn’t be!
Callout: 97% of eCommerce projects fail. We bring the experience, expertise, and process to put your next eCommerce client into the other 3%, and take the risk of getting your eCommerce projects done on time and budget.
We’ve learned from experience. Harnessing the insight from many custom software and integration projects since 2011, and from over 725+ eCommerce projects since mid-2016, we’ve developed a unique eCommerce analysis framework that our agency partners love.
Co-engineered eCommerce. Delivered Smarter. Assured Success
We’ve also come up with an adaptive delivery process that ensures the successful completion under budget and on time by reducing the risks of time, scope, and costs while being flexible to your clients’ business needs.
Here’s how our agency partners feel:
“This is the most common-sense approach we have ever seen”!
“Your process is so simple but most effective”
“Love the flexibility on the scope and the predictability of cost. Ingenious.!
“How else someone could develop eCommerce projects”
Let our laser focus on eCommerce strategy and development work for your your your clients' business success.
Now that we gave you a glimpse into the secret “tools” of our success, you may be wondering how this helps our agency partners to increase their closure ratio of eCommerce projects.
We understand that every happy ending begins with a convincing story to create trust, meticulous planning, and flawless execution and relentless problem-solving attitude. Virtina brings it all.
Let us face it, once an opportunity is identified, the WIN aka “the close” is about how fast you evoke the trust. With certified partnerships and development expertise in 10 different eCommerce platforms and eCommerce development experience in almost every industry out there, you can count on us to increase the trust level with your prospect from the very beginning. With us, you got one hell of a partner on your side to tackle the challenges in the eCommerce project.
We bring thought-provoking questions, revenue-raising tactics, cross-industry feature ideas, and cost-reduction strategies to make you seem like a hero who thinks like an owner. That is exactly what we do. We make you the hero for your prospects which helps you close more eCommerce projects.