Magento 2 is one of the most robust eCommerce platforms for running an online store. However, there are areas where Magento 2 needs to catch up, and the lengthy default checkout process is one such area. Fortunately, you can overcome this problem easily with the help of a Magento 2 one-step checkout extension.
But what exactly does a Magento 2 one-step checkout extension do to your Magento store? And how can it help you provide a better user experience and help you boost conversions? If you also have these questions and want to know which is the best one-step checkout extension for your Magento 2 store, this article is for you.
Table of Contents
What is Magento 2 One-step Checkout?
Magento 2 one-step checkout lets online store owners let their customers complete the purchase with a single form. In other words, eCommerce customers can purchase an item without navigating to any additional Magento 2 pages.
The purpose of the single or one-step checkout in eCommerce is to make the checkout process simple and fast. As a result, you can push the customers through the conversion funnel more efficiently before they have second thoughts about their purchase.
Reasons to Move From Magento Default Checkout to One-step Checkout
Implementing a one-step checkout on your Magento 2 store can take time, considering the significant changes to the purchase process. The checkout process can significantly impact the customer's journey and purchase experience. If you also face the same dilemma, here are some compelling reasons to use one-step checkout in your Magento 2 store.
Faster Checkouts and High Conversion
According to an article from Forbes, 43% of consumers prefer using guest checkout because it is faster and more efficient. The consumer does not wish to wait or go through an unnecessarily long checkout process. Moreover, a lengthy checkout process could lead to the customer having second thoughts about their purchase decision.
With Magento's one-step checkout, customers can view and confirm all the relevant information they need from a single screen. Additionally, it significantly reduces the checkout time by using fewer pages. The intuitive and faster checkout process also leads to more conversions, effectively boosting your overall revenue.
Minimize Cart Abandonment
Another compelling reason to move from Magento default checkout to one-step checkout is to minimize cart abandonment. Statista says 17% of online buyers in the US abandon their cart simply because of complex or lengthy checkout processes.
Hence, using a one-step checkout process effectively minimizes cart abandonment because it simplifies the checkout and speeds it up significantly. Cutting the pages in the checkout also pushes the customer to make the purchase then and there.
Enhance Customer Experience
User or customer experience is another vital aspect of your online store you can significantly improve with the help of a one-step checkout. The single-page checkout eliminates hidden order information and substantially improves loading speed.
Besides that, the one-step checkout extensions on Magento 2 work seamlessly and gives more control to customers. For instance, most one-step checkout extensions on Magento 2 allow customers to choose the delivery date and other functionalities, such as applying discount coupons, subscribing to newsletters, etc.
Superior Checkout Page Customization
The superior checkout page customization capability is one of the most compelling reasons to switch to a one-step process. It is worth noting that the checkout page customization in stock Magento 2 is virtually nonexistent.
The advanced Magento 2 extensions for one-step checkout change all this and facilitates superior checkout page customization capabilities. You can add or remove fields on the checkout page and modify them per your requirements. And the best part is that it requires zero coding knowledge.
Eliminate Excessive Redirects and Reloads
Excessive redirects and reloads in an eCommerce website are unappealing to users and can often discourage them from using your online store. You can effectively stop this from happening during checkout with the help of a Magento 2 one-step checkout extension.
By using a one-step checkout extension, you are eliminating the need for excessive redirects and reloads. As a result, your Magento 2 customers get a seamless, transparent, convenient purchase journey.
Top 20 Magento 2 One-step Checkout Extensions
The most confusing question Magento 2 store owners face for implementing a one-step checkout is which extension they should use. Magento 2 has a robust extension marketplace where you can find the relevant extension for practically everything.
Moreover, Magento 2 is an open-source platform, which means you can also use a fully customized extension. The experts at Virtina can assess your website requirements and suggest the most appropriate extension for your store. We can customize an extension or create one from scratch that perfectly fits your unique needs.
However, if you are looking for the best-performing Magento 2 one-step checkout extensions for your online store, the following list can help you.
1. Magento 2 One Step Checkout By BSS Commerce
One of the best one-step checkout extensions for the Magento 2 platform is the Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension from BSS Commerce. The extension does an excellent job displaying all the necessary info on a single Magento 2 page.
The Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension offers numerous features for streamlining the checkout process for your customers. Automated order information filling and easy payment gateway integration are some of the most compelling reasons for choosing this extension.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout By BSS Commerce
- Streamlined one-page eCommerce checkout.
- Automated order information filling.
- Multiple payment gateway compatibility.
- Unlimited customization capability and easy setup.
- Multiple address support and GeoIP detection.
- Seamless working with other extensions and themes.
2. One Step Checkout Pro By Amasty
Another excellent extension choice for implementing one-step checkout on your Magento 2 store is the One Step Checkout Pro extension by Amasty. The company claims that the extension can effectively grow eCommerce revenue with its fast and customizable single-step checkout page.
Moreover, Amasty does an excellent job of ensuring a streamlined checkout process with an uninterrupted flow. It is also worth noting that this Magento 2 one-step checkout extension works seamlessly with the Hyva theme.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Step Checkout Pro By Amasty
- Hyva theme compatibility.
- Drag-and-drop builder for quick checkout page customization.
- Multi-payment method support.
- Option to show delivery date and time.
- Extra service fee to help you boost the average order value.
- Automatic detection of geolocation.
3. Magento 2 One Step Checkout By Mageplaza
Mageplaza offers an advanced Magento 2 one-step checkout extension, which facilitates a lightning-fast checkout process. The advanced Magento 2 extension lets you avoid unnecessary page reloading, significantly improving the shopping experience.
The company claims its Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension can increase the conversion rate by up to 30%. Besides that, the extension supports features like Google address suggestions to enhance user convenience and streamline conversion.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout By Mageplaza
- Google Address suggestions support.
- Eliminate unnecessary fields and display order information on a single page.
- Multiple payment method support.
- Quick checkout page color and layout customization.
- Superior compatibility with third-party extensions.
- Add or remove checkout fields.
- Display order information and apply coupon codes using Quick Cart.
4. Smart One Step Checkout for Magento 2 By Aheadworks
The Magento 2 one-step checkout extension from Aheadworks is another effective option to ensure a quick and efficient checkout process. Smart One Step Checkout for Magento 2 is an extension that can help you minimize cart abandonment rates and boost eCommerce conversion.
Another attractive aspect of this Magento 2 one-step checkout extension is its highly responsive design. Besides that, the advanced Magento 2 one-step checkout extension supports Ajax updates, a notable advantage of any eCommerce extension.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Smart One Step Checkout for Magento 2 By Aheadworks
- Track and assess the performance of individual checkout fields and conversion rates.
- Superior checkout page customization, including addition/removal of predefined fields.
- Multiple payment method support.
- Innovative configuration and data collection tools for product demand optimization.
- Additional functionality integration support for Reward Points, Gift Cards, Store Credit, etc.
- Set up payment and shipping restrictions.
- Social login support.
5. One Step Checkout Extension for Magento 2 By CMSmart
With the One Step Checkout Extension for Magento 2 by CMSmart, you can ensure a seamless checkout that takes less than 3 minutes. It is an excellent Magento 2 extension voice for your online store to speed up checkout and boost conversions.
The Magento 2 one-step checkout extension offers several nifty features to enhance user experience on your online store. For instance, the Magento 2 extension facilitates convenient checkout by auto-filling addresses via Google suggestions.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Step Checkout Extension for Magento 2 By CMSmart
- Single-page checkout process with zero redirections or reloading.
- Multi-store support.
- Multi-shipping method support.
- Option to choose the date and time for receiving orders.
- Ajax technology support.
- Automated address filling via Google suggestions.
6. OneStepCheckout for Magento 2
Magento 2 store owners can significantly modify their checkout process with the help of the OneStepCheckout for Magento 2 extension. One of the advantages of using this Magento 2 one-step checkout plugin is its superior customization capability.
The best part of using the OneStepCheckout for Magento 2 extension is that you don't need any programming skills or technical knowledge for the integration. However, you can always seek the help of an expert like Virtina to customize the extension to fit your unique needs.
Top Features and Benefits of Using OneStepCheckout for Magento 2
- Above the fold, single-page checkout.
- GeoIP localization for enabling country auto-fill option.
- Pricing auto-update option while changing order quantity or shipping/payment method.
- Responsive designs that work seamlessly on mobile devices.
- Remove or modify the order quantity in the order summary section.
- Automatically updates payment methods based on the shipping method.
- Third-party extension compatibility.
7. Magento Fire Checkout Extension By FireCheckout
FireCheckout offers online store owners a flexible and easy-to-use Magento 2 one-step checkout extension. As you can imagine, the Magento 2 one-step checkout extension is an excellent choice for speeding up eCommerce checkouts.
The Magento Fore Checkout Extension stands out because it consistently delivers new and improved features. These unique and improved features allow Magento 2 store owners to significantly enhance the shopping experience and effectively boost their conversion rate.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento Fire Checkout Extension By FireCheckout
- Five attractive and customizable checkout page layouts.
- Quick one-click checkout for registered customers.
- Fast and efficient guest checkout.
- Advanced Address Field Manager.
- Location auto-detection via IP.
- Postal code autocomplete feature.
- Multi-language support.
8. One Page Checkout Suite Extension for Magento 2 By Mageworx
Numerous Magento 2 store owners use the One Page Checkout Suite extension for Magento 2 by Mageworx to streamline their eCommerce checkout. Some aspects that attract online store owners to use the extension are its aesthetic visualization and user-friendly nature.
The focus on visual elements and user-friendliness makes this Magento 2 one-step checkout extension attractive for store owners. Besides that, the advanced extension has several nifty features to optimize eCommerce checkout further.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Page Checkout Suite Extension for Magento 2 By Mageworx
- Efficient one-page checkout.
- Store locator feature.
- In-store pickup option.
- GeoIP capability.
- Customizable delivery date and time options for customers.
- Quick guest checkout capability.
9. Magento 2 One Step Checkout Extension By MageTop
The Magento 2 one-step checkout extension from MageTop gives you a highly customizable and easy-to-install solution to speed up eCommerce checkouts. You also get a comprehensible checkout page with a three-column display enabling customers to complete their purchases quickly.
The Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension by MageTop eliminates the need for users to navigate to different pages. Different Magento 2 pages, including payment, shipping address, etc., are all combined into a single but informative page.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout Extension By MageTop
- Fast single-step Magento 2 checkouts.
- Google Address Suggestions support.
- Enhanced user experience with multiple payment support.
- Efficient checkout management from the backend.
- Color and style customization capability for checkout pages.
10. Magento 2 One Step Checkout Extension By MageDelight
Several Magento 2 store owners use the one-step checkout extension from MageDelight to combine the different steps in the checkout process. The Magento 2 extension lets store owners provide a seamless purchase journey with a single page. As a result, store owners can reduce friction in the buyer journey and significantly bring down cart abandonment rates.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout Extension By MageDelight
- Simple single-page eCommerce checkout.
- Option for customer to choose the delivery date and time.
- Discount coupon and extra fee options.
- Gift message capability.
- Quick checkout step swapping via drag and drop function.
- Supports address auto-filling via Google suggestions.
11. One Step Checkout for Magento 2 By Hungersoft
Hungersoft's One Step Checkout for Magento 2 Extension is another excellent choice for implementing quick and efficient eCommerce checkouts. According to default Magento 2 settings, the checkout process consists of 6 steps. The One Step Checkout extension from Hungersoft lets your customers complete the checkout with one swift action.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Step Checkout for Magento 2 By Hungersoft
- Third-party extension compatibility via Magento 2 standard code.
- Highly responsive checkout page designs and layouts.
- Flexible payment and shipping options.
- Automated address filling via Google Address Suggestions.
12. One Step Checkout By Iwdagency
Iwdagency offers one of the best Magento 2 one-step checkout extensions for online businesses. The Magento 2 one-step checkout from Iwdagency is more prevalent among online companies that often allow customers to use gift cards and store credit on checkout. Iwdagency's Magento2 extension also offers several other functionalities that help you boost your online revenue.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Step Checkout By Iwdagency
- Easy customer sign-in.
- Shipping address confirmation.
- Periodic payment and registration.
- Gift card redeeming capability.
- Store credit transfer.
- It supports all leading payment gateways.
13. M2 Fire Checkout By Swissuplabs
With the M2 Fire Checkout extension from Swissuplabs, you get many new checkout capabilities besides the apparent single-page checkout. It is a perfect tool for Magento 2 store owners who like to have several choices of checkout page layouts and access to superior GeoIP functionality. The extension also has some unique features you don't typically see in other checkout extensions.
Top Features and Benefits of Using M2 Fire Checkout By Swissuplabs
- Quick one-step checkout.
- Ability to choose from 5 different checkout page layouts.
- GeoIP functionality for faster checkouts.
- Address Autocomplete functionality.
- Ability to add or attach files with orders.
14. Magento 2 One Step Checkout By Mage-World
The Magento 2 One Step Checkout from Mage-World is an ideal choice for your online store if you want a feature-rich solution. Many online store owners use the Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension by Mage-World efficiently manage their eCommerce checkouts. One of the primary reasons companies choose this Magento 2 extension is its highly responsive layouts.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout By Mage-World
- Simplified one-step eCommerce checkout.
- It comes with Highly responsive layouts that work across all devices.
- Compatible with most native and third-party extensions.
- It supports all default Magento payment methods.
15. OneStepCheckout By One Step Checkout AS
The OneStepCheckout extension from One Step Checkout AS is an excellent choice to ensure a more convenient shopping experience in your online store. Store owners often use this Magento 2 extension to enable capabilities such as GeoIP localization, automatic update of prices, and easily customizable CSS.
Top Features and Benefits of Using OneStepCheckout By One Step Checkout AS
- Complete eCommerce checkouts via a single Magento 2 page.
- Automatic country update via GeoIP localization.
- Auto update of prices and shipping rates.
- Compatible with 99% of Magento 2 shipment and payment extensions.
- Ability to set a default payment/shipping method
16. One Page Checkout Extension For Magento 2 By Magebees
The Magento 2 extension from Magebees is one of the best options to consider if you want to simplify your online checkouts significantly. Quick and convenient installment and faster checkout are attractive aspects of this Magento 2 extension. The Magento 2 extension offers many other features that simplify user interaction and encourage conversions.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Page Checkout Extension For Magento 2 By Magebees
- Efficient single-page checkout.
- Highly responsive checkout pages.
- Guest and registered customer checkout options.
- Automatically update payment and shipping methods.
- Cart review and edit capabilities on the checkout page.
- Address autofill capability for registered (logged-in) customers.
17. Magento 2 One Step Checkout By WebKul
Webkil's Magento 2 one-step checkout extension is ideal for your online business if you want a clean and straightforward design. The extension effectively minimizes redirects and provides all the essential features you want from a one-step checkout extension.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout By WebKul
- Highly customizable as the extension uses Open Source code.
- Custom template compatibility.
- Ajax-based payment fields.
- Multiple language support.
- Guest checkout capability.
- Discount code application at checkout.
18. Magento 2 One Step Checkout By LandofCoder
Another excellent Magento 2 one-step checkout extension to consider for your online store is the advanced extension from LandofCoder. It comes with a broad list of features and capabilities. The only aspect where the Magento 2 extension underperforms a little is with analytical capabilities.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 One Step Checkout By LandofCoder
- Highly responsive checkout pages across all devices.
- Support auto-filling of addresses via Google Maps address suggestions.
- Geo IP feature for detecting the customer's ID.
- Delivery date selection capability.
- Social login support.
- Magento 2 template compatibility.
19. Magento 2 Custom Checkout Fields By FME
With Magento 2 Custom Checkout Fields extension from FME, you can quickly create or add additional fields to your checkout page. It also allows you to gather customer information and customize the checkout accordingly.
Top Features and Benefits of Using Magento 2 Custom Checkout Fields By FME
- Magento marketplace verified extension.
- Highly responsive across all devices.
- Quickly create extra fields on your checkout page.
- Flexibility to add fields at any step in the checkout.
- Ability to control or manage store views and customer groups.
20. One Step Checkout for Magento 2 By MLX-STORE
MLX-STORE claims to reduce the checkout time by up to 75% using their Magento 2 one-step checkout extension. It also has many other valuable features, including Google Address suggestion support and Geo IP.
Top Features and Benefits of Using One Step Checkout for Magento 2 By MLX-STORE
- Flexible checkout page layout.
- Quickly change the page title and description.
- Autofill address via Google Suggestions.
- Add gift messages and comments during checkout.
- Ability to choose the delivery time at checkout.
Tips to Choose a Magento 2 One-step Checkout Extension for Your Magento Store
Choosing the ideal Magento 2 one-step checkout extension for your business can be complex. The fact that so many options are available in the market can only make this decision more complicated. Here are some quick tips to help you choose the ideal Magento 2 extension for your business.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of your Magento 2 store and its checkout requirements.
- Check the features and capabilities of the Magento 2 one-step checkout extension and ensure it meets your unique requirements.
- Ensure that the Magento 2 one-step checkout you choose can work seamlessly with your existing system, including native and third-party extensions.
- Ensure the Magento 2 one-step checkout supports all your payment gateways or methods.
- Ensure the flexibility and scalability of the extension to accommodate your business's future growth.
- Ensure that the extension significantly reduces the checkout time and conveys all the necessary information to the customers.
- Ensure the Magento 2 one-step checkout extension offers fewer clicks for successful checkout with minimal redirects.
Key Factors to Consider During One-step Checkout Extension Installation
You must consider several vital factors before the Magento 2 one-step checkout extension installation. For instance, you must ensure that the extension of your choice can work seamlessly with your existing system.
Similarly, you must consider many other factors to ensure a fully optimized eCommerce checkout process for your business. The other factors you must consider for the Magento 2 one-step checkout extension are as follows.
- Ensure the checkout process completion on a single Magento 2 page.
- Enable customers to edit their items or product during checkout.
- Make sure the extension has an effective checkout field management capability.
- Automatic geolocation detection and address auto-filling can significantly speed up checkouts.
- Enable customers to choose the delivery date and time.
- Ensure the extension offers optional checkout page layouts.
Final Note - Get Help From Magento Development Experts
Enabling a single-step checkout on your Magento 2 store can significantly impact your store's conversion and overall revenue. Faster eCommerce checkouts enhance user experience and reduce the scope for cart abandonment.
However, only some Magento 2 one-step checkout extensions can have the unique features your business needs. Fortunately, you can equip your Magento 2 store with a customized extension to meet your special needs.
Hire a Magento developer from Virtina and implement a seamless one-step checkout for your Magento 2 store. We can ensure that the extension works seamlessly with your existing system while adding new and advanced capabilities to grow your eCommerce revenue.
Best Magento 2 One-step Checkout Extensions - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Many, if not all, of the Magento 2 one-step checkout extensions work seamlessly with multiple payment and shipping methods. However, ensuring that the extension can work with your existing payment and shipping methods is critical. Consider hiring an expert like Virtina to customize the extension to meet your unique requirements.
Effective implementation of a one-step checkout process can improve your conversion rate. However, this only applies if you can speed up checkout while displaying all the necessary information. You should seek the help of an expert like Virtina to optimize your checkout process, minimizing cart abandonments and boosting conversions.
The default checkout process in the Magento 2 platform consists of multiple steps and pages, which can significantly slow down the eCommerce purchase. Using a Magento 2 one-step checkout extension reduces the process to a single page. The extension also displays the essential order information and even modifies the order.
A lengthy checkout process is one of the reasons for cart abandonment in online stores. With a Magento 2 one-step extension, you can minimize the checkout process and enable the customers to purchase products with a single page. It ultimately reduces cart abandonment caused by a lengthy checkout process and pushes the customers toward a conversion.
The Magento 2 one-step extension also plays a crucial role in enhancing the user experience on your online store. You can ensure a seamless checkout process which ultimately helps you streamline the user experience. It minimized the number of redirects and reloading, significantly enhancing the user experience on your site.
All the leading Magento 2 one-step checkout extension comes with superior checkout page customization capability. Moreover, the customization capability for the default Magento 2 checkout page is minimal. The extension allows you to use multiple checkout page layouts, designs, and colors to customize your checkout page.
The Magento 2 one-step checkout extension can eliminate redirections and reloadings in your checkout process. However, the redirect and reloads in your store, besides during checkout, remain unchanged. You can seek the help of an eCommerce expert like Virtina to eliminate unnecessary redirects in your Magento store.
Analyzing your requirements, you can find the ideal Magento 2 one-step extension for your business. After you have the requirements, you can compare them with the extension's features and functionalities. You can also customize the extension as per your requirements with the help of the expert team at Virtina.
You can speed up the checkout process on your Magento 2 store with additional features in the one-step checkout extension. For instance, you can implement address auto-filling in the checkout, further speeding up the checkout. Our experts can implement such capabilities to ensure you have a lightning-fast eCommerce checkout for your business.
It is advisable to choose a Magento 2 one-step checkout extension with a geolocation detection capability. This feature can help enable checkout field auto-filling and other such features. We always ensure our client has the most suitable Magento 2 one-step checkout extension with advanced capabilities.
Advanced Magento 2 one-step checkout extension comes with advanced capabilities, including adding new fields. Similarly, the extension allows you to remove or modify fields in the checkout. However, finding the ideal extension that meets all these requirements can be difficult, and the expert team at Virtina can help you with this.
You can enhance user experience on your Magento 2 checkout in many ways with the one-step checkout extension. For instance, you can implement advanced capabilities like address auto-filling to improve user experience. Besides that, you can also enforce capabilities like cart editing at checkout for a better user experience.
Many Magento 2 one-step checkout extension comes with the ability to edit the order during the checkout. It allows the customers to adjust the product quantity or remove unwanted products from the cart on the checkout page. You can also implement other unique features to the checkout page by customizing the extension, and Virtina can help you with it.
The best Magento 2 one-step extension for your business depends on your unique needs. Our expert team can help you analyze your eCommerce checkout requirements and suggest the best Magento 2 one-step checkout extensions. We can customize the extension to include unique capabilities for your online store.
The integration process for the Magento 2 one-step extension is usually straightforward, and you can do it yourself. However, the new integration may not work seamlessly with your existing system. The safer bet is to hire an expert like Virtina to integrate the one-step checkout extension and customize it per your needs.