Social media presence is a critical element in building a successful eCommerce business. Therefore you should approach it with a proper plan made upon the knowledge you gained through meticulous research. You have to create a thorough understanding of its key concepts, platforms, tools and strategies. You need to know what is meant by social engagement and how it can be measured.
To begin with, we can take two different kinds of engagement:
1) how to take the measurement of how the content of your eCommerce website is being shared and discussed, and
2) how others respond to your brand promotion activities in social media. For the first case you need to know how to use the analytics of your website. To carry out the latter task, you should be familiar with tools like Klout.
Choosing social media platforms that are apt to the type of the business you are doing is another important job. If you are selling art items like paintings or greeting cards, a platform like Pinterest gets a crucial role in promoting them. If you are an online publishing house, or a bookstore, social channels like Twitter and Facebook gets more priority in your campaign. For a floral business, measuring the response in Twitter may not be useful.
According to Avinash Kaushik, the renowned Google Evangelist, the most important metrics to consider are Conversion Rate, Amplification Rate, Applause Rate and Economic Values. Conversion rate can be measured by assessing the comments you are getting in social media. Amplification rate depends on the number of shares your content is getting. You can measure the applause by considering the number of people who add your content into their favorites. Economic value is nothing but the sales it generates. So as a business owner you have to take efforts to measure the impact of these metrics on your business.
Follow the steps given below to understand the concepts, developing a strategy, measuring the results and above all to augment your social engagement.
Find your KPI (Key Performance Indicators)- You should be well aware of the end-result you are looking for. So define your KPI first and then plan how you are going to measure it.
- Integrate tools to share content- This will help users to share contents through their social media channel. Using any of the services like AdShoppers, AddThis, ShareThis, SumoMe, etc is a good option. Therefore users can share your content without leaving your web page.
- Gauge the Influence- The tools mentioned above not only help your users share the content but also help you get the analytics. They also give you insights into the performance of social channels also.
- Create Original Content- Making content that can brand your business is important. Users will love to share unique content.
- Publicise Content Using Social Platforms- It’s better if you use social media management tools to accomplish this task. Hootsuite, Buffer, Social Mention are a few of them. Do a good research and purchase an account for any good service. They can give you better analytics.
- Opt third party social engagement measurements- Third party tools like Klout and Kred are useful for measuring overall social engagement.
- Consolidate the data collected- In the last step, consolidate the information you have gathered and measure it against the KPI you fixed in the beginning. It will help you get a clear picture of the success and failure of your social engagement. Continue this process with the insights you gain and develop a successful social engagement strategy.
Virtina can help you to increase your revenue, improve profit and enhance customer experience.