The most trusted online platform “Magento” is regarded as the second-best open-source e-commerce platform suitable for all types of businesses. Ever since the release of the third edition Magento 2, every store owner seems to be eager about Magento upgrade.
Today, 25% of the e-commerce shops around the globe use Magento to run their businesses. How about you? Do you use Magento? Ever thought, “Why to upgrade Magento?” If you have faced this question, this article will assist in giving you an overview of the changes, improvements, and features of Magento 2.
Let us now take a look at the specialties of Magento 2 and understand why you should favor Magento 2 over Magento 1
Performance optimization is the highlight of Magento 2 migration. This updated version of Magento supports all the advanced versions of PHP including PHP 7. Moreover, its inbuilt security fix features enhance the speed and performance of the store. It is advised to build Magento 2 stores with PHP 7 to experience this service.
Magento 2 Admin Panel
When comparing Magento 1 admin panel with Magento 2, the latter seems to be more user-friendly and easy to navigate, the reason being:
1. The smooth navigation interface of Magento 2 helps users to find information faster, aiding in running the store in a better way.
2. Magento 2 dashboard displays the details of the average order, bestsellers, customers, revenue tax, shipping quantity, lifetime sales, last orders, last and latest search, etc. which are useful for owners to track business systematically.
3. With the introduction of the ‘step-by-step product development tool, activities including product upload, linking videos and images got a lot easier on Magneto 2.
4. Using Magento 2, simple modifications for the store can be done by the site owners without contacting the Magento developer. Eg., to add or remove a column, they can choose the required action from the list displayed in the admin panel.
5. Upgrading Magento 1 to 2 is highly recommended because of the faster and speedy data importing features.
6. All the marketing tools in Magneto 1 that are essential in maintaining customer loyalty and promotions are also included in the updated version of Magneto 2.
7. You can provide all the requisite data about your firm or store in the new and improved content section.
Magento 2 Front End
1. Compared to the front end of earlier versions, the themes of Magento 2 are simpler and catchier.
2. The responsive web design of Magento 2 helps stores to procure the high ranking Google provides for mobile-friendly stores. With this version, customers can access the site through a desktop or a mobile device.
3. The enhanced front end performance of Magento 2 helps website visitors to see the main content of the page even when the page load is not completed.
4. Using the registered email address, Magento 2 automatically finds its registered customers. Guest check out, and user navigation of Magento 2 is smoother and more comfortable.
5. In Magento 2, the checkout registration process is simple. E.g., Customers can create an account on the checkout page.
6. With the order details like product image, total quantity, amount, etc. the site’s shopping cart provides detailed information on the orders made. It helps customers to review and edit their orders quickly.
7. Magneto 2 is undoubtedly a trusted and safe payment gateway since it is integrated with popular extensions like PayPal and Braintree.
SEO and Security
1. Magento 2 attains 100% SEO and security through strong passwords that protect the site from dictionary mode attacks.
2. The improvised snippet functionality that provides better search result makes Magento upgrade an alluring choice.
To summarise, this version of Magento maintains the flexibility of Magento 1 with add-on features that result in a better buying and selling experience for customers and admins alike. Considering all the upgraded features, it is certain that moving to Magento 2 is beneficial in every sense of the word.
Need help with Magento Upgrade? Get in touch with our Magento experts